November 9, 1992 – DO 107, s. 1992 – Clarificatory Guidelines on the Establishment of Public Secondary Schools Facebook Twitter Google+ Share
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Regional Project Management Committees
- The guidelines contained in DECS Order No. 5, s. 1989 are still in force and delineation of responsibilities of various officials concerned are thus clarified as follows:
- Request for action on matters relating to the establishment, separation, integration, and conversion of public secondary schools shall originate from the office of the schools superintendent and shall be endorsed to the regional office for appropriate action.
- The regional office shall review the documents submitted and shall endorse to the Office of the Secretary (Attn.: Director, Bureau of Secondary Education) all pertinent documents, if action is favorable.
- The Bureau of Secondary Education shall evaluate the documents submitted and on the basis of the evaluation, make the appropriate recommendation to the Secretary of Education, Culture and Sports.
- After the Secretary has signed the appropriate endorsement, approving or disapproving the request, the papers shall be returned to the regional office where they originated.
- As regards newly legislated schools, the regional offices are expected to make an ocular inspection of the site of the proposed high school and make the necessary status report before endorsing the same for funding.
- Widest dissemination of and compliance with the contents of this Order is requested.
Reference: DECS Order: No. 5, s. 1989
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, SECONDARY
RULES AND REGULATIONS