DO 4, s. 1994 – Transferring the Functions and Responsibilities of the Education for All-Program Management Team (EFA-PMT) to Regular Units of DECS
February 4, 1994
DO 4, s. 1994
Transferring the Functions and Responsibilities of the Education for All-Program Management Team (EFA-PMT) to Regular Units of DECS
To: Bureau Directors, Regional Directors and Schools Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- In view of the termination of external support to the operationalization phase of Education for All (EFA) and to ensure continued and sustained efforts in promoting the principles and implementation of EFA, the functions and responsibilities of the adhoc EFA-PMT are hereby transferred to the following DECS offices:
- Office for Planning Services (OPS IV EFA Steering Committee and Task Force) – to be primarily responsible for monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the EFA Plan particularly is programs and projects; maintaining a central repository of EFA files/documents/reports relevant or common to all EFA areas which could be easily accessed by interested or concerned parties; update or revision of the EFA Plan, if warranted; inclusion of EFA programs and projects in the DECS Medium Term Agency Investment Program; and continuing social mobilization and advocacy efforts to generate awareness, concern, and involvement in the EFA movement throughout the EFA Decade (1990-1999).
- Bureau of Elementary Education – (1) to be primarily responsible for the overall coordination and integration of the EFA UQPE subprograms into the regular elementary education program of the Bureau including its monitoring; and (2) to be responsible for the overall implementation and monitoring of the school-based Early Childhood Care and Development or Preschool Program.
- Bureau of Nonformal Education – to be primarily responsible for the overall coordination and integration of the Eradication of Illiteracy and Continuing Education and Development subprograms into the regular nonformal education program of the Bureau including its monitoring.
- For continuity, the following DECS staff who had previously been involved with the EFA Program are hereby initially designated as EFA Person(s)-in-Charge (PIC) who, together with their respective Directors, shall be primarily responsible for maintaining and handling EFA matters pertinent to their office’s area of concern:
Dr. Abella Macarandan – OPS
Dr. Lydia Gurot – BEE
Ms. Gloria Barrientos – BNFE
- EFA PIC shall constitute the EFA Secretariat which shall be called upon, as the need arises, to provide technical and administrative support to both the EFA National Technical and National Committee on Education for All under the guidance of the DECS Undersecretary for Programs.
- The members of the existing EFA-PMT will facilitate the transfer of all pertinent files, documents and other concerns on the different EFA areas to the appropriate DECS units not later than January 30, 1994. Henceforth, all individuals and offices are advised to deal directly with these DECS Offices with respect to Specific EFA concerns.
- Regional Committees on Education for All and all other EFA related bodies at the sub-national level shall continue to operate and undertake EFA initiatives which are consistent with the policies and priorities set forth by the Department.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES