December 29, 1994 – DO 87, s. 1994 – Decentralization of DECS Budgeting Functions
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Effective January 1995, regional directors of the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) shall be authorized to take final action on certain budgetary requests from this Department, as enumerated in the attached letter dated December 9, 1994.
- Accordingly, all DECS regional directors are hereby delegated the corresponding authority to decide on and submit to their DBM counterparts for final action all such requests, subject to existing DECS policies, guidelines, standards and procedures governing the matter requested.
- This delegated authority, which shall be exercised directly and with due discretion as the personal responsibility of the regional director, cannot be further delegated to subordinate officials. Depending on specific circumstances, however, regional directors may request that any of the delegated functions be delegated directly to the assistant regional director instead. Officers-in-charge may exercise the delegated authority if so specified in their designation orders.
- Everyone is enjoined to diligently ensure that all existing policies, guidelines, standards and procedures are followed and observed in any and all actions by delegated authority. Any violation of such shall be the personal liability and responsibility of the officer concerned.
- All requests pertaining to FY 1994 by the Central Office if all supporting documents are complete and satisfactory. Otherwise, they shall be returned to the regional office concerned if the requests are covered by the authority delegated herein.
- Other actions may be further delegated upon request and if found appropriate and warranted.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
RULES & REGULATIONS