February 20, 1995 – DO 11, s. 1995 – DECS Procurement Service
- In line with the DECS policy to modernize its operation, a DECS Procurement Service will be created which will be composed primarily of the Property Division and PBAC Staff as its initial staff.
- Pending the appointment of a Chief of the DECS Procurement Service, it will temporarily be headed by Undersecretary Alejandro Wilfredo Clemente for three months, renewable. This period will be used to put the system in place from computerization of suppliers and items to formation of a product catalogue library for quick reference.
- So as to maintain an active feel of the market and prices, the DECS Procurement Service will periodically invite suppliers to provide it with product catalogues and indicative prices.
- For items that can be purchased cheaper under bulk purchasing from office equipment such as typewriters and computers to tables and chairs, DECS units may send their orders to the DECS Procurement Service.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
DECS Order: No. 41, s. 1993
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: