May 24, 1995 – DO 27, s. 1995 – Modifying the Policy Prohibiting the Collection of Contributions from Public School Students Amended by DO 99, s. 1998 – Increasing the Public High School Publication Fee and Authorizing the Collection of Public Elementary School Publication Fee
To: Regional Directors and Schools Superintendents
Bureaus, Centers and Services Directors
- The policy prohibiting the collection of contributions during the period of enrollment from pupil/students of public elementary and secondary schools is hereby modified to allow collections of authorized contributions provided these are made on a voluntary basis and are not made a requirement for admission or for clearance purposes in case of transfer of pupils/students to other schools.
- For SY 1995-1996 the following collections are authorized to be collected from pupils and students of public elementary and secondary schools:
- Identification Fee – Not more than P15.00
- Boy Scouts of the Phil. – Not more than P20.00
- Girl Scouts of the Phil. – Not more than P25.00
- Phil. National Red Cross – Not more than P 5.00
- School Publication Fee (For High School students only) – Not more than P25.00
- School Organization Fee (For High School students only) – Not more than P25.00
- Parent-Teacher Associations (PTA) or Parent-Teacher Community Associations (PTCA) are authorized to collect an annual PTA or PTCA fee in an amount to be determined by the PTA or PTCA members themselves at a meeting called for the purpose; provided such collections are made on a voluntary basis, are not required for admission or transfer purposes, and are collected by PTA/PTCA representatives themselves and not by the public school teachers. Prior to collection the following reports are required to be submitted to the school principal: (1) PTA/PTCA resolution approving the collection of PTA/PTCA fees for current school year; and, (2) report on receipts and expenditures of PTA/PTCA fees collected in the preceding school year.
- Any violation of this Order including cases of unauthorized collections or authorized voluntary collections made a requirement for admission or transfer will be dealt with administratively.
- For strict compliance.
DECS Order: No. 21, s. 1994
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be Indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: