May 31, 1995 – DO 31, s. 1995 – 1995 National Secondary Assessment Test (NSAT) for all Fourth Year High School Students
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Date of the 1995 NSAT. The National Secondary Assessment Test or NSAT will be administered to all public and private fourth year high school students from 7:30 o’clock in the morning to 12:15 in the afternoon of Friday September 1. All graduating high school seniors shall take the NSAT. Passing the NSAT, however, shall not be a requirement for admission to tertiary degrees programs, nor there be an overall NSAT grade.
- Components and Weights of the NSAT. The NSAT shall cover English and Filipino proficiencies (Verbal Ability) Mathematics (Quantitative Ability), Vocational Aptitude (Abstract Reasoning), and Science and Technology. The results of the NSAT in English, Filipino, Mathematics and Science and Technology shall be transmuted into percentage grades and shall be given a weight of 1/5th to be added to the teachers rating (4/5ths) in each subject area. The rating in the Vocational Aptitude shall be in percentile and shall be used only for guidance purposes. A rating of-60 percent shall be given to those who failed to take the NSAT to be included in the computation of the school mean.
- Assignment of Responsibilities. The National Educational Testing and Research Center (NETRC), in cooperation with the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) and the regional offices, shall undertake this assessment activity. All bureaus, centers, regional and division offices of this Department with the cooperation of other government agencies shall assist in this undertaking. The regional directors shall take charge of the efficient administration of this test.
- Funding. Printing and computerization cost shall be chargeable against division funds; administration cost, against regional funds and cost of orientation seminars (except transportation expenses of participants), freight and transportation for delivery and retrieval of test materials, against NETRC funds per Unnumbered Memorandum on Rules on Finance and Management, dated February 16, 1995.
- Guidelines. The guidelines for the administration the aforementioned test are inclosed.
DECS Order: No. 38, s. 1994
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.0. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, SECONDARY