DO 20, s. 1996 – Strengthening the Scouting Program in the Schools
February 29, 1996
To: Bureau Directors
- In response to the resolutions forwarded by the National Conference for Council Training Team, Boy Scouts of the Philippines (BSP) and Girl Scouts of the Philippines (GSP), this Office reiterates the following to further improve the quality of scouting:
- crediting scouting awards and training for promotion subject to the provision of Item II of Inclosure 1B of DECS Order No. 54, s. 1993;
- encouraging superintendents, supervisors and principals to extend full support to the scouting movement and include BSP and GSP training and awards in the evaluation of teachers performance; and
- promoting the Training Course for Kawan Leaders/Troop Leaders/Outfit Advisers/Rovers GSP Senior Patrol Leadership and Cadet Girl Scouting among graduating high school students in order to engender their participation.
- Widest dissemination of this Order is expected.
References: (DECS Order: No. 54, s. 1993) and DECS Memorandum: No. 54, s. 1995
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: