DO 38, s. 1996 – Launching of the DECS sa Barangay Program During the Opening of SY 1996-1997
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
- Consistent with the instructions of Secretary Ricardo T. Gloria, the following directives are hereby issued:
- to set the right tone for the opening of classes in elementary and secondary schools for the school year 1996-1997, all concerned officials are directed to launch the “DECS sa Barangay program by holding a flag raising ceremony and consultation with local officials, community leaders, parents and other education stakeholders. In this launching program, the site should be a depressed, disadvantaged and underserved (DDU) barangay. If very urgently needed, be ready to commit some teacher items. Moreover, a new flag should foe used for the occasion;
- to ensure the readiness of all schools on June 3, school officials are also directed to spend time in the field and closely monitor the schools’ activities and measures in emerging problems; and
- a task force from the DECS Central Office will go around to observe the successful implementation of the abovementioned activities.
- For immediate dissemination and strict compliance.
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: