DO 40, s. 1996 – Reiterating Full-Time Designation Of District NFE Coordinators
June 14, 1996
DO 40, s. 1996
Reiterating Full-Time Designation Of District NFE Coordinators
To: Bureau Directors
- DECS Orders Nos. 6, s. 1993 and 82, s. 1994 on Full- Time NFE District Coordinators spell out the need to effectively implement, nonformal education to attain basic and functional literacy rates of 98% and 85%, respectively, by the year 2000.
- A new mechanism that will fasttrack literacy development with a policy shift from central-based to community- based inter-agency program implementation is the Literacy Service Contracting Scheme (Please refer to DECS Memorandum No. 54, s. 1996).
- Responding to the urgent need to maximize implementation of the above, it is hereby ordered that designated District NFE Coordinators be full time and free from academic load.
- This reiteration comes with the reports that there are NFE district coordinators who are not freed from their teaching loads.
- Regional offices, through the NFE divisions are requested to submit a list of district NFE coordinators based on individual designation orders by the directors/superintendents.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is expected.
DECS Orders: (Nos. 6, s. 1993 and 82, s. 1994)
DECS Memorandum: (No. 54, s. 1996)
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: