DO 42, s. 1996 – Establishing a Center for Culture and Arts
June 17, 1996
DO 42, s. 1996
Establishing a Center for Culture and Arts
- In line with the government vision that sees every Filipino as an active participant in the overall renewal and transformation of a nation, the DECS is establishing a center for culture and arts which shall henceforth be known as the DECS Library for Culture and Arts (DELCA).
- In this connection, the present UL Amphitheater located at the back of the DECS WOW Canteen is hereby declared as the future home for DELCA.
- DELCA shall:
- acquire and maintain library facilities and collections on culture and arts;
- house cultural documents;
- maintain spaces and facilities needed for cultural arts activities;
- serve as venue for cultural presentations and art exhibits; and
- serve other functions related to “the enhancement of the DECS program for culture and arts.
- The center shall be under the management of the Office of the Secretary. Thus, the DECS National Centennial Committee, Administrative Service, and the Physical Facilities Division, are tasked to plan and coordinate activities relative to the renovation of the said amphitheater.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
Reference: None Allotment: 1—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES