DO 51, s. 1996 – Creating the Project Implementation Network for the Third Elementary Education Project
July 23, 1996
DO 51, s. 1996
Creating the Project Implementation Network for the Third Elementary Education Project
Bureau/Cultural Agency Directors
All Others Concerned
- The Department is embarking on a very significant project called the Third Elementary Education Project (TEEP) which promotes its decentralization and modernization thrust and seeks to enhance the quality and relevance of basic education by supporting school-based management and interventions.
- In preparation for the implementation of this innovative project, the following are hereby designated to form part of the Project Implementation Network for TEEP: Undersecretary Erlinda C. Pefianco as Project Director; Assistant Secretaries Marcial A. Salvatierra, Ramon C. Bacani, and Josefina PB. Nisperos and BEE Director Lidinila Luis-Santos as Deputy Project Directors; and the Regional Directors of the TEEP provinces as Assistants to the Project Director.
- The Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) Assistant Director, Teresita Inciong is hereby designated as the TEEP Project Manager who shall be supported by the Project Implementation Support Unit (PISU). The PISU will consist of existing DECS units (NEAP, HRDS, FMS, NETRC, EDPITAF and OPS), newly organized units and other adhoc groups formed during various stages of TEEP implementation.
- To undertake pre-implementation and start-up acti¬vities, a PISU Core Group is hereby created and shall function immediately. It shall be constituted by Staff from various DECS units seconded on a full-time basis to the PISU for the purpose of project coordination, monitoring and supervision of the various components, as follows:
Jesus Lorenzo Mateo Assistant Project Manager
Jay Fernandez Coordinator, Policy and Strategic Planning, and Instructional Materials
Luisa Yu Coordinator, School-Based Management and In-Service Training
Irene de Robles Coordinator, Curriculum Development
Rie Faderon Coordinator, Educational Innovation and Technology
Precy Salangdangan Coordinator, Budget and Finance
- Further, for purposes of continuity and smooth transition towards full implementation, Ms. Ma. Lourdes G. de Vera, in her capacity as the head of the Project Preparation Coordination Team (PPCT) shall be a member of the Group on a part-time basis until the PISU is fully in place.
- The PISU shall prepare plans and map-out strategies and approaches in accordance with the direction or instructions of the Project Director.
- Operating expenses to be incurred by the group shall be charged against the OSEC funds until such time that PISU funds shall have been available. The PISU core group members shall be entitled to honoraria at the rates consistent with the provision of NCC-75.
- To ensure smooth and successful Implementation of the Project, all concerned are enjoined to extend assistance and full cooperation.
- For immediate compliance and dissemination.
Allotment: 1-2-(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, ELEMENTARY