September 13, 1996 – DO 62, s. 1996 – Reiterating the DECS Responsibilities through its Regional Offices and the S&T-Oriented High Schools Network under the Engineering and Science Education Project (ESEP)
September 13, 1996
DO 62, s. 1996
Reiterating the DECS Responsibilities through its Regional Offices and the S&T-Oriented High Schools Network under the Engineering and Science Education Project (ESEP)
To: Regional Directors
- In the Memorandum of Agreement on the “Science Education Manpower Development Program-High School Network” entered into by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS), the DECS responsibilities are provided for in Sections 2, 3 and 4 of the Scope of Agreement.
- To ensure the efficient implementation of the various activities of the Program under the Engineering and Science Education Project (ESEP), relevant provisions of the Agreement are hereby presented as reminders of DECS’ responsibilities.
- “The DECS’ responsibilities through its regional offices are to:
- Include in its annual budgetary allocation, local funds of S&T oriented high schools, for repair and maintenance of the science laboratories and equipment that will be granted; and
- Provide in its annual budgetary allocation, local funds of S&T oriented high schools, for the procurement of laboratory supplies and chemicals of specials science classes”.
- “The DECS’ responsibilities through the S&T-Oriented High Schools Network are to:
- Ensure that equipment purchased under the project are adequately used for relevant purposes and that students of the special science classes shall have priority in the use of such equipment; and
- Provide adequate housing/environment and except when necessary to avoid loss or damage during a calamity or other mishap, no equipment may be moved from the network high school without prior approval of SEI-DOST”.
- Reports have reached this Office regarding the non-acceptance of equipment by school administrators upon delivery and the lack of funds for the maintenance of the laboratory building and procurement of chemicals. It will be highly appreciated if the provisions of the MOA are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- For immediate compliance.
Allotment: 1-2-—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: