September 23, 1996 – DO 65, s. 1996 – Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 8187 (The Paternity Leave Act of 1996)
Bureau/Cultural Agency Directors
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Inclosed is a copy of the Joint CSC-DOH Memorandum Circular No. 1, s. 1996 entitled “Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 8187 (The Paternity Leave Act of 1996)”.
- As stipulated in said Joint CSC-DOH Memorandum Circular, a married male employee may be granted paternity leave of seven (7) work days with full pay for the first four (4) deliveries of the legitimate spouse with whom he is cohabitating.
- Such paternity leave shall be non-cumulative and strictly non-convertible to cash.
- A married male employee shall file the application for said leave at least one (1) week prior to the expected delivery except in cases of miscarriage and abnormal deliveries which are unforeseen.
- Wide dissemination of and compliance with this Order is desired.
Incl.: As stated
References: DECS Order: No. 34, s. 1996
Allotment: 1-2-3-—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES and REGULATIONS