February 24, 1997 – DO 19, s. 1997 – Authority to Admit Transferee School Children of Displaced Families to Nearest School
February 24, 1997
DO 19, s. 1997
Authority to Admit Transferee School Children of Displaced Families to Nearest School
To: Regional Directors
- Inclosed is a copy of Senate Resolution No. 728 urging this Department to draw up a program to facilitate the transfer of school children of displaced landless families to any school nearest their new homes.
- In view thereof, regional directors through the schools superintendents are hereby directed to accept transferee pupils/students even without the necessary documents to give them the opportunity to continue their studies and complete their academic requirements for the current school year. However, these students shall be advised of the need to submit the required documents the soonest time possible for record purposes.
- In addition, all school heads are enjoined to adopt basic procedures to facilitate the transfer of these pupils/students in any public and private schools in their respective vicinity.
- All regional directors are likewise enjoined to monitor and submit a consolidated report on transfer cases to this Office.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: Unnumbered Memorandum dated January 23, 1997
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: