March 5, 1997 – DO 22, s. 1997 – Administration of the 1997 National Elementary Assessment Test (NEAT) and National Secondary Assessment Test (NSAT)
To: Bureau Directors
Regional Directors Schools Superintendents
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Date of 1997 NEAT and NSAT Administration. The National Elementary Assessment Test or NEAT which was administered to all Grade VI pupils during the past four years (1993-1996) and the National Secondary Assessment Test or NSAT to all fourth year students during the past three (3) years (1994-1996) will be administered on Tuesday, August 26 and Friday, August 29, respectively. Both tests will be given only to a sample of the population.
- Components of the NEAT and the NSAT. The tests will comprise the same subject areas and the same number of items as in the previous tests.
- Assignment of Responsibilities. The National Educational Testing and Research Center (NETRC), in cooperation with the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), and the regional offices, shall undertake this assessment activity. All bureaus, centers, regional and division offices of this department with the cooperation of other government agencies shall assist In this undertaking. The regional directors shall take charge of the efficient and effective administration of these tests.
- The guidelines in the administration of both tests shall be furnished the regional and division offices before the administration of the tests.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is desired.
DECS Orders: Nos. 30, 31, 65, and 70, s. 1995
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, ELEMENTARY
Course of Study, SECONDARY