April 15, 1997 – DO 35, s. 1997 – Establishing the National Coordinating Committee for SEAMEO
Directors of Services/Centers & Heads of Units
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- This is to officially announce that the undersigned has assumed the presidency of the South East Asia Ministers of Education (SEAMEO) effective upon his election to office at the South East Asia Ministers of Education Council (SEAMEC) meeting held in Manila on February 26. The term of office shall be for one (1) year.
- The functions and activities of SEAMEO Cover concerns over basic education, technical and vocational education, higher education, health, agriculture, culture forestry, and science and technology. In order to ensure the equal involvement of all other departments and in accordance with the protocol of SEAMEO to include the private sector and NGO representatives, a National Coordinating Committee for SEAMEO is hereby established.
- The National Coordinating Committee for SEAMEO shall be chaired by the Secretary of Department of Education, Culture and Sports. The committee members shall consist of representatives of the public-sector from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), National Commission on Culture and Arts (NCCA), Depart¬ment of Agriculture (DA), Department of Science and Technology (DOST), Department of Health (DOH); country representatives to all SEAMEO Centre’s Governing Boards and representatives of private sector and non-government organizations from the Coordinating Council of Private Educational Associations (COCOPEA) and from the Philippine Business for Social Progress (PBSP).
- The National Coordinating Committee for SEAMEO shall provide direct as well as advice regarding country po1icies and needs pertinent to SEAMEO and the Centres. The Office of the DECS Undersecretary for Programs and Projects shall provide secretariat services to the National Coordinating Committee for SEAMO.
- For information and guidance.
DECS Memorandum: No. 25, S. 1997
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: