May 9, 1997 – DO 46, s. 1997 – Guidelines for Evaluation of Multimedia Materials
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
- Pursuant to the DECS Memorandum No. 56, s. 1996, entitled: Task Force on Multimedia Instruction, the following guidelines are being issued to facilitate the evaluation of multimedia materials:
- All software dealers shall be duly accredited by DECS through the Pre-Bidding Awards Committee (PBAC). Only materials from the accredited dealers shall be evaluated by Multimedia Task Force (MMTF).
- Among the documents required for accreditation are:
SEC Registration ITR for two years
Mayor’s Permit Financial Statements
BIR/VAT Registration Bank Deposit Certification
DTI Registration List of Clients
Articles of Incorporation and by-laws (for Corporations List of Suppliers
Processing Fee of P500.00
- Multimedia materials which refer to non-print materials such as videos, CD ROMs, transparency films and slides submitted for evaluation shall be received by the MMTF upon the completion of necessary documents – i.e. certification as accredited supplier, title, type, quantity of materials, etc.
- Materials submitted shall be previewed/evaluated within 45 working days after issuance of certification of receipt. Non-action on materials submitted within 45 working days shall be deemed automatically approved.
- Certification of approval/rejection shall be made by the respective Directorate level (elementary, secondary, and nonformal) and assistant secretary for management upon recommendation of the officer-in-charge (OIC) of the MMTF.
- The board of evaluators shall be composed of the following:
OIC, Multimedia Task Force
Curriculum Specialist (elementary, secondary and nonformal)
A member of the MMTF
A trained teacher on subject under review (optional)
- All materials approved shall serve as complementary copies for DECS and shall be included in the Instructional Materials Council (IMC) list of approved materials.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned is expected.
References: DECS Memorandum (No. 56, s. 1996)
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS