May 29, 1997 – DO 47, s. 1997 – “Balik-Paaralan Para sa Out-Of-School Adult (OSA)” Program Amended by DO 90, s. 1998 – CORRIGENDUM TO DECS ORDER NO. 47, s. 1997 (Balik-Paaralan Para sa Out-of-School Adult (BP-OSA) Program)
May 29, 1997
DO 47, s. 1997
“Balik-Paaralan Para sa Out-Of-School Adult (OSA)” Program
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities Heads of Private Schools
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The “Balik-Paaralan Para Sa Out-of-School Adult (OSA)” is in response to the need to provide an opportunity for out-of-school adults aged 20 to 45 to return to school to finish secondary education and start small-scale businesses through the assistance of participating lending institutions.
- In this connection, the aforementioned program will be initially implemented in 33 participating secondary schools nationwide beginning SY 1997-1998 specifically from July 9, 1997 to April 10, 1998. However, inasmuch as teaching – learning under this program is self¬ paced, adult learners shall be given the option to enroll any time during the school year and complete the requirements of the program at their own pace.
- Budgetary allocations for this program shall be taken from OSEC funds. However, for institutionalization of said program in subsequent school years, the field is enjoined to make arrangements or its inclusion in local funds allocation.
- For the information and guidance of all concerned relative to the pre – implementation and implementation activities of the said program including its conceptual framework, general guidelines, and operational responsibility, Inclosures Nos. 1 -11 to this Oder are hereby attached.
- All inquiries relative to this program shall be addressed to: NOSAPCOM c/o The Director, Bureau of Secondary Education, this Department, tel. nos. 632-77-46; 632-13-62 to 70 local 2062/2064, FAX NO. 636-51-93.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is expected.
Incls.: As stated
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects:
Course of Study, SECONDARY