October 6, 1997 – DO 75, s. 1997 – Implementing Guidelines for Educational Service Contracting (ESC) and Tuition Fee Supplement (TFS) for SY 1997-98
To: Bureau Directors
Private Secondary School Principals
- Effective SY 1996-97, the management of the ESC and TFS programs was transferred from the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) to the Fund for Assistance to Private Education (FAPE).
- The State Assistance Council in its last meeting held on July 10, 1997, agreed on certain revisions of some provisions of DECS Order No. 53, s. 1996, entitled “Transfer of Management of Educational Service Contracting (ESC) and Tuition Fee Supplement (TFS) Programs to the Fund for Assistance to Private Education (FAPE) for SY 199-¬97.” These revisions have been incorporated in the implementing guidelines found in the Inclosure.
- The revised guidelines include, in brief, the following:
- no need for certification on overflow from the public school principal;
- no need for BIR Certification of parent’s income; and
- the implementation of the quota system per region will take effect in SY 1998-99.
- All previous DECS rules, regulations and other issuances or parts thereof, which are inconsistent with this Order are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
DECS Order: (NO. 53, s. 1996)
Allotment: 1–(D O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS
UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES