November 7, 1997 – DO 94, s. 1997 – Display of Filipino Flag in All Public and Private Places Nationwide
To: Regional Directors
Principals, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- In compliance with a directive from His Excellency President Fidel V. Ramos, every Filipino household is encouraged to display the national flag in front of their house in order to help trigger a momentum of patriotism and love of country in time for the Centennial Celebration of Philippine Independence next year. The public display of the Filipino flags is a simple yet profound gesture to show to everyone ones pride in being a Filipino.
- All Regional Directors, Division Superintendents and school heads are directed to campaign among parents through the Parents Teachers Associations and school- youth organizations like the Boy Scouts of the Philippines, Girl Scouts of the Philippines and the KABAYANI Club to include the Philippine flag in every household. Those who are planning to construct the irhoise miist be advised to include a flag pole in their yards and must consider it as a part of their garden furnishing, landscape or front yard if any.
- All Regional Directors, School Superintendents, and school heads shall campaign to enjoin all parents, teachers and school officials to display the Filipino Flag in all public and private places including the houses during the National Flag days on May 29 to June 12 which has been set as the period for appreciation of the country emblem in compliance with the proclamation which provides for display of the national flag in all public and private places for that period.
- All DECS personnel particularly, the heads of schools, School Superintendents, Regional Directors and Central, Regional and provincial officials from the Division Chiefs are encouraged to strictly comply with this Order.
- For strict compliance and dissemination of all concerned.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: