November 21, 1997 – DO 98, s. 1997 – Guidelines in Filing Up of Contractual Positions for the Nonformal Education District Coordinators for the Philippines Nonformal Education Project ADB Loan No. 1254 Phi (SF)
- In line with the government’s program of Education for All and pursuant to the objective of Loan Covenant under the Philippines Nonformal Education Project (PNFEP), funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), strategic plans have to be vigorously pursued by this Department to eradicate illiteracy and sustain literacy development by the year 2000 and beyond. The need for NFE District Coordinators has been clearly established as critical to the success of the PNFE Project under the Bureau of Nonformal Education. For this reason, the appointment of full-time NFE District Coordinators in the twenty-five (25) divisions targeted by the Project was made part of the Loan Agreement signed between the Government of the Philippines and the Asian Development Bank Loan No. 1254 PHI (SF).
- The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) has approved the creation of seventy-eight (78) contractual positions for the Nonformal Education District Coordinators with Salary Grade Thirteen (13) and a premium of twenty per cent (20%). The distribution of the aforementioned positions by region, municipality and district is presented in Inclosure No. 1. These positions which are intended only for the targeted sites of the ADB-Assisted NFE Project should be filled in Regions V, 1X, X1, X11 and ARMM before the year ends in 1997 while those from Regions 1V, V1, V11, V111, and CAR will be filled in 1998.
- The Division Schools Superintendents concerned will be responsible for the recruitment, selection and appointment of Contractual NFE District Coordinators in the targeted municipalities using the criteria specified in Inclosure No. 2.
- The term of contract may cover six months to one year and its renewal depends on the performance rating of the contractual NFE coordinator based on the accomplishment of his duties and responsibilities enumerated in Inclosure No. 3.
- The teachers designated as regular NFE district coordinators shall still be retained despite the appointment of the contractual coordinator. The contractual and designated regular NFE coordinators have to work harmoniously for the successful implementation of the Philippines Nonformal Education Project. The Regular NFE District Coordinator will assume full responsibility for all nonformal education programs when the tenure of the contractual coordinator terminates.
- It is understood that the term of the contractual NFE District Coordinator is co-terminous with the Philippines Nonformal Education Project.
- Attached are copies of the following: PNFE Targetted Regions, Municipalities and Districts; Selection Criteria for Contractual NFE District Coordinator; and Duties and Responsibilities of NFE Coordinator.
- The date of effectivity of appointment of the contractual NFE District Coordinator is upon signing of the appointing official.
- A report on deployment shall be submitted to the Bureau of Nonformal Education upon finalization of the appointment of the contractual NFE District Coordinator.
Incls.: As stated
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
APPOINTMENT, EMPLOYMENT, REAPPOINTMENT