To: Bureau Directors
State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools
Colleges and Universities
1. In view of the increasing number of queries from students, parents, and school administrators on how to avail themselves of the Philippine Validating Test (PVT), being administered by this Department thru the National Educational Testing and Research Center (NETRC), the following information and the attached guidelines are hereby given.
2. The Philippine Validating Test (PVT) are intended to validate learnings acquired under the following situations and circumstances :
a. Students / pupils who studied in school operating without permit such as the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) schools. These tests are given in order not to jeopardize them having studied in the schools and paid al the necessary fees but were not properly informed of the status of the school;
b. A student who, by force of circumstances, was not able to finish the last grading period in his school, but passed all the subjects in the first three grading periods;
c. A student who is seeking transfer to a school in the Philippines but has not completed the school year abroad, as long as he has completed at least three grading periods; and
d. Students with special cases deemed meritorious.
3. The National Educational Testing and Research Center (NETRC) shall administer the PVT to pupils/students upon submission of an appropriate request of the school without permit of the parents and duly indorsed by the Regional Office where the school is located, but in no case shall this school be allowed to continue to operate.
4. In accordance with Memorandum Circular No. 121 and DECS Order No 100 s. 1993, the examination foe is P50.00 per grade/year level.
5. Enclosed are Guidelines on the administration of the PVT.
6. Immediate dissemination of this DECS Order for the information and guidance of all concerned is desired.
ERLINDA C. PEFIANCO
Incl: As stated
References: DECS Order No. 100, s. 1992 DECS Order No. 67, s. 1993
Allotment: 1-(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: