September 30, 1998 – DO 91, s. 1998 – Changes in the Technology and Home Economics (THE) Program of the New Secondary Education Curriculum (NSEC)
September 30, 1998
DO 91, s. 1998
Changes in the Technology and Home Economics (THE) Program of the New Secondary Education Curriculum (NSEC)
To: Bureau Directors
Divisional Leader School Principals (Secondary)
Private Secondary School Principals
Vocational High School Principals
1. One of the thrusts of the Department of Education , Culture and Sports is qualitysecondary education through continuing improvement and updating of the curricular offerings. To attain this, consultative conferences, workshops and discussions were conducted to solicit feedback, information, and recommendations on the curricular offerings.
2. To make Technology and Home Economics (THE) program more relevant and responsive to the needs of secondary school students, changes and improvements are being instituted. The changes/improvements are stated in the inclosure.
3. The time allotment, unit credits and other features of the (THE) program under the hew Secondary Education Curriculum (NSEC) are still in force.
4. A new edition of textbooks and teacher’s manuals for (THE) shall be introduced beginning SY 1998 for first year and second year levels. Starting SY 1999-2000, there shall be seven (7) books in the form of modules for the third and fourth year levels. The content of each of the 7 books are described in the inclosure, However, in case of delay in the availability or the new editions, the old textbooks can still be used.
5. Immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned is directed.
ANDREW GONZALES, FSC
Incl.: As stated ‘
Allotment: 1-2—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: