To: Bureau, Center and Service Directors
- DECS Order No. 27, s. 1995 entitled “Modifying the Policy Prohibiting the Collection of Contributions from Public School Students” authorized the collection of school fees, one of which was the School Publication Fee for high school students in the amount of twenty-five pesos (P25.00).
- In view of the increased cost of publication and other related expenses, there is a need to increase the abovementioned amount from twenty-five pesos (P25.00) to fifty pesos (P50.00) in order to reflect current prices. This modifies the provision in No. 2 letter c of DECS Order No. 27, s. 1995. The collection of the increased publication fee is authorized provided this is made on a voluntary basis and is not made a requirement for admission of for clearance purposes in case of transfer of pupils/students to other schools.
- Likewise, starting school year 1999-2000, public elementary schools are authorized to collect the amount of forty pesos (P40.00) as school publication fee. This is in view of the participation of public elementary schools pupils beginning 1995 in the yearly National Schools Press Conference (NSPC).
- The school publication fund collection should be considered as trust fund separated from other school fees and disbursement of which shall be devoted solely for the purpose of school paper printing and other expenses related to the publication of the school paper and subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- At the end of the school year, any savings/balance from the school publication fund should be kept intact and should not in any way be made part of the general fund of the school.
- Wide and immediate dissemination of this Order is directed.
DECS Order: (No. 27, s. 1995)
Allotment: 1–(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: