To: Regional Directors
All Others Concerned
- Calendar Year 1999 has ended but it is observed that there are still unexpended balances of 1998 and 1999 released allotments. Also, some budgetary appropriations for CYs 1998 and 1999 are not yet released by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
- The DBM has issued Circular Letter No. 2000-3 implementing Joint Resolution No. 1 of both Houses of Congress extending the validity of 1998 aUotments/appropriations for MOOE and Capital Outlays until December 31,2000.
- The unexpended/unreleased balances of appropriations/allotments for 1999 particularly for MOOE and Capital Outlays are classified as continuing appropriations, ‘ ,/ hence still valid for obligation until December 31,2000.
- In view of the need to address more pressing projects of the Department that need funding, utilization of unused balances of 1998 and 1999 allotments and requests for release of ur,released 1998 and 1999 appropriations shall be cleared first with the Office of the undersigned and/or of the Undersecretary for Finance and Administration thru the Office of Assistant Secretary Mario JP. Bravo.
- Furthermore, strict compliance with the provisions of DECS Orders Nos. 24 and 57, s. 1999 providing for procedural guidelines in the submission of budgetary requests for release and realignment of funds including use of savings is reiterated.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is desired.
DECS Orders: (Nos. 24 and 57, s. 1999)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: