March 10, 2000 DO 14, s. 2000 – On Simple and Austere Graduation Rites
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Private Elementary and Secondary School Principals
- This is to reiterate the Department’s policy on holding of simple, austere and inexpensive but meaningful graduation rites. School heads are reminded to observe the following:
- Contributions for graduations may be increased to not more than One Hundred Fifty Pesos (P150.00), however, in private educational institutions, contributions may vary from school to school and may be allowed only in consultation with the PTA;
- Graduation exercises must be held in the school grounds and graduation balls compelling graduating students to participate and contribute excessive amounts are discouraged; and
- No extravagant special attire should be required and the annual yearbook should likewise be discouraged or be considered non-obligatory.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DECS Order: No. 17, s. 1998
To be indicated in the Perpetual index under the following subjects: