DO 3, s. 2001 – Reiterating the of Measures on the Prevention of Graft and Corruption
January 19, 2001
DO 3, s. 2001
Reiterating the of Measures on the Prevention of Graft and Corruption
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. In line with its efforts to prevent graft and corruption, this Office reiterates the Creation of Anti-Graft and Corruption Task Force/Committees at the Central and Field Offices and the Establishment of the Ombudsman Junior Graftwatch Units (JGUs) in Public Secondary Schools and State Colleges and Universities as announced in DECS Orders Nos. 3, s. 1997 and 43, s. 1996, respectively.
2. The creation and establishment of these measures aims to get rid of grafters and corrupt officials and employees in DECS.
3. In the school curriculum, several steps have been undertaken by this Office, to further address the problem of graft and corruption:
a. integration of the concepts and values specified in Republic Act No. 6713 or the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees such as honesty, nationalism, patriotism, and simple living, in the different subjects for both elementary and secondary levels;
b. development of graft and corruption education modules for the elementary and secondary levels in coordination with the Office of the Ombudsman, the main thrust of which is to awaken the consciousness of the Filipino youth and to mold them to become responsive and participative citizenry in the battle against graft and corruption; and
c. conduct of orientation program for principals on the use of these materials, as well as the conduct of orientation program among teachers on the concepts/values and processes adopted in the modules.
4. Enclosed are copies of DECS Orders Nos. 3, s. 1997 and 43, s. 1996.
5. Regional directors, schools superintendents and all other officials concerned are enjoined to support programs and projects geared towards the prevention, if not elimination, of graft and corruption among DECS officials, employees and teachers.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
ANDREW GONZALES, FSC
As stated References:
DECS Orders: (Nos. 3, s. 1997 and 43, s. 1996)
Allotment: 1—-(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: