DO 10, s. 2002 – School Calendar for SY 2002-2003 Amended by DO 22, s. 2002 – Corrigendum to DepEd Order No. 10, as. 2002 Entitled: “School Calendar for SY 2002-2003”
April 3, 2002
DO 10, s. 2002
School Calendar for SY 2002-2003
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
1. For School Year 2002-2003, the following dates and periods shall be observed:
a. The elementary and secondary school year shall begin on a Monday, June 17, 2002 and end on a Thursday, April 8, 2003. It shall consist of two hundred three (203) class days.
b. The Christmas break shall begin on Saturday, December 21 and classes shall resume on Monday, January 6, 2003.
c. The secondary school summer classes shall begin on Monday, April 14, 2003 and end on Thursday, May 29, 2003. The summer class shall consist of a 3-hour and 42 minutes session per unit daily for 36 days, including Saturdays.
2. In addition to the regular days and special holidays authorized in Executive Order No. 203 promulgated on June 30, 1987, the observance of other school holidays shall be allowed provided the minimum number of class hours and class days is observed.
3. The dates given in this calendar shall be compulsory for public elementary and secondary schools. Private schools may deviate from this calendar provided that they do not open earlier than the 1st Monday of June nor later than the last Monday of June of this year; they meet the minimum number of class hours and class days (200 days); and the appropriate DepEd Office is notified in advance.
4. The 2002-2003 DepEd School Calendar and the distribution of class days by month and by grading period are hereby enclosed.
5. Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is desired.
RAMON C. BACANI
DECS Order No. 13, s. 2001
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: