Bureau, Centers and Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Secondary School Principals
1. After five school years of implementation, the Youth Entrepreneurship and Cooperativism in Schools (YECS) Program has been established and institutionalized in the schools nationwide as an effective co-curricular program in support of and as an enrichment of the skills development and training program in work-related activities in the curriculum at the secondary level, particularly Entrepreneurship as one component of Teknolohiya, Edukasyong Pantahanan at Pangkabuhayan (TEPP) of the MAKABAYAN subject.
2. The result of the annual implementation of the YECS Program was reported to the Employment Summit held last March 2001 and is being followed through by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) as a capability-building and an employment-generating program for young students.
3. In the light of the new Basic Education Curriculum and to underscore the gains achieved based on sound best practices in the implementation of the YECS Program, the attached revised YECS concept and Implementing Rules and Regulations containing significant changes are hereby issued to guide the implementation of the YECS Program starting this school year.
4. To maximize the specialized training provided by YECS partner agencies such as the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Cooperatives Development Authority (CDA) and in order to provide quality training and cover as many YECS implementers, the training component shall be implemented on a regional basis and part of the expenses (covering meals and accommodation of trainers and participants, and venue of training) thereof, including other activities, shall be charged against in-service training funds or local funds. Likewise, expenses of the Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (CSCA) in the implementation of the YECS Program shall be charged against the funds allocated for students’ co-curricular affairs of the Office of the Secretary in the General Appropriations Act.
5. The Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (CSCA) shall be in-charge of the implementation and coordination of the YECS Program nationwide. As such, it is hereby authorized to conduct training and other activities necessary to strengthen the program in the Regions, Divisions, and Schools.
6. All Regional Directors, Schools Division Superintendents and School Principals/Heads are enjoined to actively support and assist in the implementation of the YECS Program.
7. For queries, please write the CSCA, Attention: Mr. Joey G. Pelaez at G/F Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City or call at tel. nos. 631-8495/636-3603.
8. Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is expected.
EDILBERTO C. DE JESUS
DECS Memorandum: No. 163, s. 2001
Allotment: 1—(DO. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: