DO 57, s. 2002 – Enjoining All DepEd Officials to Support the Implementation of E No. 130
December 17, 2002
DO 57, s. 2002
Enjoining All DepEd Officials to Support the Implementation of E No. 130
To : Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
School Heads of Elementary and Secondary Schools
1. Executive Order No. 130 of September 2002, (lncl.1) provides for the establishment of GABAY SA MAMAMAYAN AKSYON CENTERS in all barangays nationwide. These Centers which will become an integral part of the Information and Reading Center, shall serve as the institutional link between the national government and the grassroots in ensuring the adequacy and accessibility of quality information about national government programs and services to community residents.
2. The Center is a barangay-based facility which will ensure the people’s immediate access” tb information on government services along the following areas:
a. Livelihood and Job Opportunities e. Agricultural Support Services
b. Peace and Order and Public Safety f. Infrastructure Development
c. Health and Sanitation g. Environment Management Services
d. Education and Social Welfare h. Sports Development
It will also serve as a point of convergence with Civil Society Organizations for job fairs, medical/dental missions, agri-fairs, flea market and other similar services.
3. In this connection, the Division offices assisted by the District Supervisors and NFE Coordinators shall provide technical assistance to the Centers in the conduct of capability-building activities, ensure the supply of updated information and resource/ reference materials on basic education (elementary, secondary and non-formal education) responsive to the information needs of community residents, and promote said centers as convergence mechanism for government services at the barangay level.
4. Further, all school heads are enjoined to coordinate and cooperate with their respective Barangay Chairmen in the following:
Assist the barangay kagawads in activating the Information Action Team for Education and Welfare in their respective barangays.
Ensure availability of the relevant information and resource /reference materials on basic education at their designated GMA Centers.
Promote their GMA Centers as convergence mechanism for government services at the barangay level.
5. Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
EDILBERTO C. DE JESUS
Allotment: l-(D.O. 59-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: