DO 11, s. 2003 – School Calendar for SY 2003-2004 Amended by DO 28, s. 2003 – Corrigendum to DepEd Order No. 11, s. 2003 (School Calendar for SY 2003-2004)
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- For School Year (SY) 2003-2004, the following schedule shall be observed in all elementary and secondary schools:
- The SY 2003-2004 shall be preceded by the National Schools Maintenance Week, scheduled on May 19-23, 2003 or three weeks before the school opening, to enable the community and the school to prepare the school facilities for the coming school year activities.
- The school year shall begin on Monday, June 9, 2003 and shall end on Friday, April 2, 2004. It shall consist of two hundred four (204) school days. The number of school days per month and the indicative events for the school year are listed in Enclosure No. 1.
- A five (5)-day break shall be scheduled after the second quarter examination for the purpose of upgrading the competencies of the school teachers through participation in division/cluster and school- based training programs. The pupils/students shall be given assignments, projects and research work to complete during the break. The outputs shall be evaluated to form part of subject specific projects.
- The last day of school for CY 2003 shall be on Friday, December 19, 2003. The Christmas break shall begin on Monday, December 22, 2003 and classes shall resume on Monday, January 5, 2004.
- The secondary school summer classes shall begin on Monday, April 19, 2004 and end on Friday, May 28, 2004. It shall consist of a 3-hour session per subject area, daily for thirty-six (36) days.
- The dates given in this calendar shall be compulsory for public elementary and secondary schools. The private schools may deviate from this SY 2003-2004 Calendar, provided that they do not open earlier than the second (2nd) Monday nor later than the last Monday of June 2003. However, they need to complete the minimum number of class hours and class days of 204; and to notify the appropriate DepEd Office in advance.
- The observance of school celebrations or activities and holidays other than those indicated in the calendar shall be allowed provided that the minimum number of class hours and class days is maintained. Please see Enclosure no. 2 for other school events.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Orders: Nos. 10,22, and 28, s. 2002
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: