DO 18, s. 2003 – Integrating the Secondary Education Development and Improvement Project (SEDIP) with the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The Secondary Education Development and Improvement Project (SEDIP) is a seven-year project that aims to reduce inequity and geographical disparity of access, quality and efficiency of public secondary education and to support the Department’s thrust for decentralization and modernization.
- The Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), the agency that recommends policies and standards for secondary education, is the implementing agency for SEDIP.
- To institutionalize the processes and strategies of SEDIP, the implementation will be integrated with the BSE. The integration shall strengthen the institutional capacity of the BSE to manage the implementation of a large scale foreign-assisted project particularly in the areas of staff development, research, school improvement planning, project monitoring and evaluation and civil works.
- The BSE Assistant Director shall be designated the Project Manager but will work in SEDIP on a half-time arrangement. The Deputy Project Manager shall be a permanent staff from any agency within DepEd who shall be re-assigned to SEDIP as full-time Deputy looking after Civil Works, Furniture, Equipment, School Mapping, Administration and Finance, Package B Consulting Services. A staff from the BSE Staff Development Division shall be designated as Deputy Project Manager, working part time on INSET, HSIF, Research, Secondary Schooling Alternatives and Package A Consulting Services. Monitoring and Evaluation shall be the concern of the NPMO.
- The Bureau shall infuse the needed manpower into the Project in all its components namely: Programs, Monitoring and Evaluation, Civil Works and Procurement. With this arrangement, the SEDIP-NPMO shall complement BSE’s project management role. NPMO component heads shall also have counterparts from the BSE who shall give SEDIP top priority. The composition of the restructured NPMO with the BSE staff complement is enclosed.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum to all concerned is desired.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: