DO 19, s. 2003 – BEC-Based Summer Classes
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- The Summer Classes based on the Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) shall begin on the 3rd Monday of April and end on the last Friday of May each year. Private schools may deviate from this schedule provided that they notify their respective Regional Office in advance.
- Teachers shall administer to students a diagnostic test to identify their development areas as basis for preparation of remedial lessons built on their prior knowledge and for mastery of the learning competencies.
- Each subject area (English, Science, Mathematics and Filipino) shall be allotted three (3)-hour session daily. Makabayan shall have four (4)-hour session daily.
- The implementing guidelines of the BEC-based summer classes are enclosed. For more clarification, please contact Ms. Corazon L. Echano, Supervising Senior Education Specialist, CDD, Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) at these telephone numbers (02) 633-1361 to 71 local 2062, 2063, 2064; telefax numbers (02) 632-7746 or 632-7586.
- Gross violation of the guidelines shall be sufficient cause for cancellation of permit to operate and denial of future requests to operate summer classes. All rules and regulations inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
References: DECS Orders: Nos. 12 and 64, s. 1998 Allotment: 1— (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: