DO 22, s. 2003 – Guidelines on the Selection of Honor Students Under the 2002 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC)
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- The Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) has developed the Guidelines on the Selection of Honor Students who have shown exemplary performance in their academic work.
- The enclosed guidelines shall be implemented starting School Year (SY) 2002-2003 from first to third year levels. The fourth year level shall base its guidelines on DECS Order No. 65, s. 1998 for SY 2002-2003. Starting SY 2003-2004, these enclosed guidelines shall also be used on selecting honor students in fourth year level to give them due and proper recognition.
- Private schools implementing the 2002 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) are encouraged to follow the same guidelines.
- An orientation at the beginning of every school year shall be given to teachers, parents and students on the new scheme.
- All issuances inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DECS Order: (No. 65, s. 1998)
Allotment: 1— (50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: