DO 22, s. 2003 – Guidelines on the Selection of Honor Students Under the 2002 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC)
March 25, 2003
DO 22, s. 2003
Guidelines on the Selection of Honor Students Under the 2002 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC)
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- The Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) has developed the Guidelines on the Selection of Honor Students who have shown exemplary performance in their academic work.
- The enclosed guidelines shall be implemented starting School Year (SY) 2002-2003 from first to third year levels. The fourth year level shall base its guidelines on DECS Order No. 65, s. 1998 for SY 2002-2003. Starting SY 2003-2004, these enclosed guidelines shall also be used on selecting honor students in fourth year level to give them due and proper recognition.
- Private schools implementing the 2002 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) are encouraged to follow the same guidelines.
- An orientation at the beginning of every school year shall be given to teachers, parents and students on the new scheme.
- All issuances inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DECS Order: (No. 65, s. 1998)
Allotment: 1— (50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: