DO 33, s. 2003 – Youth Smoking Prevention (YSP) Program
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- In line with the Republic Act 8749 known as Philippine Clean Air Act of 1999, the Department of Education (DepEd) prohibits smoking and the sale of cigarettes and other tobacco products inside public and private school campuses, buildings, offices, including the premises and buildings of the division, regional and national offices. Said campuses, premises, buildings and offices shall be declared as “No Smoking Areas” or “Zones of Health”.
- Hence, the DepEd through the Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (CSCA) and the School Health and Nutrition Center (SHNC) spearheads the Youth Smoking Prevention (YSP) Program. All public and private schools, division and regional offices shall implement this program.
- Topic on Smoking Prevention shall be integrated in Health Education and be part of the Student Council agenda or other school-related activities.
- Enclosed are the background/rationale, legal bases, projects, activities and directives, responsibilities and sanctions of the program.
- For further information and coordination regarding the Youth Smoking Prevention (YSP) Program, please get in touch with the CSCA c/o Mr. Joey G. Pelaez, CSCA Executive Director, G/F Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City or through telefax nos. 631-8495 or 636-3603 or the SHNC at telephone no. 633-7245.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DECS Order: No. 63, s. 1998
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
HEALTH EDUCATION PROGRAMS
RULES AND REGULATIONS STUDENTS