DO 48, s. 2003 – Regular Annual Collection and Processing of Basic Education Data
To: Regional Directors
Regional Secretary – DepEd ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads of Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Administrators
- The annual statistical activities of the Department start this school year with the distribution and collection of the data gathering forms designed for electronic processing using the Basic Education Information System (BEIS).
- The BEIS data gathering forms covering SY 2003-2004 consist of the following:
2.1 Government Elementary School Profile
2.2 Government Secondary School Profile
2.3 Private School Profile
- The heads of the regional and divisional planning units shall jointly undertake the distribution, collection and processing of the accomplished forms.
- District supervisors and heads of public elementary schools, secondary school principals, vocational school administrators and heads of private schools offering elementary and/or secondary education shall be held responsible and accountable for the prompt, complete and accurate filling up of the BEIS forms. They shall likewise be responsible for the submission of the duly accomplished forms to their respective division offices on or before the 30th of September 2003.
- The division offices shall electronically process the school profiles to produce the following outputs and shall submit the same on the following dates to their respective regional offices:
Outputs (in print and diskettes) Date
BEIS – Quick Counts (public elementary
and secondary schools) October 31, 2003District and Division Statistical
Bulletins and BEIS-Performance
Indicators Report January 31, 2004
- The regional offices shall consolidate the division offices’ outputs to produce regional statistical bulletins. The regional statistical bulletins as well as the school district and division statistical bulletins produced by the division offices shall be submitted to the Research and Statistics Division (RSD), Office of Planning Service (OPS), in hard copies and in diskettes, on or before the end of February 2004. The RSD, OPS shall then consolidate the regional outputs to produce the Department’s statistical bulletin on or before the end of March 2004.
- Statistical bulletins produced by the regional offices shall be distributed to their respective division offices while those produced by the division offices shall be distributed to their respective district offices.
- The regional directors, schools division superintendents, district supervisors and school heads are advised to implement rigid validation procedures to ensure the completeness, accuracy and reliability of the data. These concerned field officials shall be held responsible and accountable for any inaccuracy or false data reported. The Central office through the OPS will put in place a rigorous system of spot checking and validation at the central and field level. Those who shall be found to be deliberately reporting false or inaccurate data shall be dealt with accordingly.
- Full attention and strict compliance with this Order is earnestly requested of all concerned to ensure the successful implementation of this annual statistical activity.
- This Order supersedes previous DECS Order regarding annual collection and processing of basic education data.
DepEd Order: No. 35, s. 2002
Allotment: 1—(D.O 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: