DO 61, s. 2003 – Support to Strong Republic Schools
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Principals
- In line with the national government’s efforts to expand learning opportunities especially in remote areas, Strong Republic Schools (SRS) are being established in selected barangays throughout the country. These are aimed at providing basic and functional literacy classes and at enhancing existing schools through distance learning technologies. The Department of Education is collaborating with the National Anti-Poverty Commission, Department of Social Welfare and Development and local government units, under the overall direction of the Office of the President.
- To fully support the establishment and operation of SRS, all public schools in areas targeted by the SRS program are hereby directed to undertake the following:
- to refer to the District Non-Formal Education Coordinator and/or the Division Office any individual who seeks to register with the SRS
- to allow the use of classrooms after regular school hours and during weekends to serve as venue for learning groups organized by the SRS
- Schools Division Superintendents are directed to ensure coordination between the non-formal education personnel and school heads in their respective divisions.
- For immediate dissemination and compliance.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: