DO 29, s. 2004 – Addendum to DepED Order No. 85, s. 2003
Schools Division/City Superintendent
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Under DepEd Order No. 85, s. 2003, aspirants for Principalship must pass a test developed by the Regional Office to be considered for selection and promotion.
- Pending development of the test, those who have successfully completed the Basic School Management Course (BSMC) and the Strategic Management and Instructional Leadership Course for School Administrators (SMILE-CSA) being conducted by the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP) will be exempted from the test requirement for a one year period reckoned from the date of issuance of said Order, provided the participants have implemented their reentry programs.
- In addition to the above courses, any of the following may likewise be considered as substitutes for the test for the said one-year period:
- Completion of other equivalent/similar training programs conducted for at least seventy-two (72) hours, such as the Advanced Management Development Program and Quality Instructional Leadership and Resource Management Program by the NEAP; Effective Instructional Leadership and Educational Resource Management Training by the Third Elementary Education Project (TEEP); School-Based Management Basic Course by the Secondary Education Development and Improvement Project (SEDIP); Supervisory Development Course by the Civil Service Commission, among others; and
- Experience as Head Teacher and Teacher-In-Charge/Officer-In-Charge for at least three and five years respectively.
- Please be guided accordingly.
DepED Order: (No. 85, s. 2003)
Allotment: 1 – -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: