DO 45, s. 2004 – Appointment of Principals and Teachers in Public Secondary Schools
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Secondary Schools
- In order to improve the quality of education in the Public School System and to address the imbalance resulting from excess/shortages of teachers in a particular locality, appointments made by Schools Division Superintendents to fill up principal and teacher items created in SY 2004-2005 for the secondary schools shall only reflect the name of the division office where the appointee concerned shall be deployed. A Special Order shall likewise be issued to the appointee specifying his/her school assignment.
1.1 Enclosed herewith are the sample forms containing the particulars and/or information that shall be reflected therein: (a) appointment paper; and (b) assignment order.
- In the allocation/assignment of teacher items, the Schools Division Superintendent shall be guided by the following:
2.1 Teacher Deployment Analysis pursuant to DepED Order No. 50, s. 2003 (Adoptive Measures in Filling Up Vacant Teaching Positions); and
2.2 Pertinent provisions of DepED Order No. 1, s. 2004 (Revised Guidelines on the Recruitment and Appointment or Assignment of Public School Teachers Including the Establishment of a Pooling Scheme) which was issued in relation to R.A. No. 8190 otherwise known as “Localization Law”.
- The number of items of principals and teachers allocated per Unnumbered Memorandum dated April 28, 2004 relative to the allocation of New Teaching and Non-Teaching Positions for SY 2004-2005 shall be strictly followed.
- In case subsequent vacancies shall occur relative to existing principal, teaching and non-teaching items allocated to the different secondary schools within a division office, appointment to fill up such vacancies shall be made by the Superintendent concerned in such a way that the appointment paper shall only bear the name of the division office where the appointee shall be deployed. For the purpose of assigning the appointee to a school, a Special Order shall be issued by the Schools Division Superintendent concerned specifying the school where he/she (appointee) shall be assigned.
- A report of assignment and/or reassignment shall be regularly submitted (quarterly basis) to the DBM Regional Office, copy furnished DepED Regional Office for its reference in the subsequent release of allotment and NCA. Such report may also be used as a basis for adjustment to be made by DBM on its records relative to this matter (teachers deployment, re-deployment and assignment).
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
References: DepED Orders: (Nos. 50, s. 2003 and 1, s. 2004)
Allotment: 1—(D. O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
APPOINTMENT, EMPLOYMENT, REAPPOINTMENT