DO 56, s. 2004 – Creation of the Department of Education Text (DTExt) Action Center and Designation of Office Head
October 14, 2004
DO 56, s. 2004
Creation of the Department of Education Text (DTExt) Action Center and Designation of Office Head
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Pursuant to DepED Memorandum No 66, s 2003, dated February 28, 2003, Ms. Erna G. Aganon, Head Executive Assistant and Officer-in-Charge of the Curriculum Support Desk (CSD), is hereby designated in a concurrent capacity as Head of the Department of Education Text (DETxt) Action Center.
- To ensure the smooth operation of the DETxt messaging service and the improvement of DepED’s communication services, good communication between the Central Office and the field is necessary, thus, the creation of the DETxt Action Center. Its main objective is to open up a new channel of direct communication with the Secretary. This service accepts messages from all stakeholders but priority will be given to those with identifying information. Messages received will be treated with confidentiality.
- The DETxt Action Center shall report on a weekly basis to the Secretary, c/o Assistant Secretary Teodoro R. Catindig, the issues/concerns and other messages received through text, e-mailed letters, telephone calls and others with corresponding responses.
- A support staff will be detailed at the Action Center. In addition, the Special Events Unit (SEU) personnel will act as Liaison Officers in coordination with the DETxt Office Head.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is directed.
References: DepED Memorandum: No. 66, s. 2003 and DepED Memorandum: No. 383, s. 2004
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: