DO 16, s. 2005 – Guidelines on Recruitment, Evaluation, Selection and Appointment of Teachers in Public Schools
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- In pursuit of the Department’s School First Initiative (SFI), these new guidelines on the recruitment, evaluation, selection and appointment to Teacher I positions in public schools are promulgated consistent with pertinent laws, rules and regulations.
- These guidelines shall apply to the filling up of newly created or natural vacancies as well as locally funded items beginning School Year (SY) 2005-2006.
- Division offices are directed to present these guidelines to local government units in their area of jurisdiction so that qualified applicants, as determined through the application of these guidelines, can be given priority in the filing-up of locally funded teacher positions.
- Inquiries or requests for clarification relative to these guidelines may be sent to the office of Undersecretary Ramon C. Bacani, DepED Central Office: E-mail address: email@example.com: Tel. No: 633-7203; and Fax No: 631-84-92]. These guidelines can be downloaded from our Department’s website, www.deped.qov.ph.
- All heads of schools and offices are requested to acknowledge receipt of this Order to assure this Office that concerned officials are informed of these new hiring guidelines.
- All previous policies and issuances inconsistent with the enclosed guidelines are hereby rescinded or modified accordingly.
- For wide dissemination and strict compliance.
End.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order No. 1, s. 2003 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
APPOINTMENT, EMPLOYMENT, REAPPOINTMENT