DO 35, s. 2005 – Policy Guidelines in the Implemetiation of the Secondary Education Program of the 2002 BEC for SY 2005-2006
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- The monitoring and evaluation study of the pilot implementation of the secondary education program of the 2002 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) identifies the strengths and the development areas of the program. The findings presented in Enclosure No.1 serve as basis for further refining the curriculum, and these policies shall guide the implementation of the secondary education program effective SY 2005-2006. These policies are defined in Enclosure No. 2.
- The improvement of the curriculum is a continuing process, and the challenge to the schools is to experiment with ways of delivering the program in the most effective and efficient manner possible. The culture of innovation must be developed and nurtured in every school. The schools shall be capacitated to develop and manage curriculum innovations. The capacity-building interventions for school heads are presented in Enclosure No. 3.
- Teachers remain to be the most critical agents of curriculum change. Enclosure No. 4 outlines the suggested interventions for the continuing capacity-building of teachers.
- The monitoring and evaluation of learning outcomes shall be the collective responsibility of the communities and their schools, the divisions and the regions. In line with R.A. 9155, the school community shall do school-based evaluation; the divisions, shall focus on progress monitoring; and the regions shall be responsible for outcomes evaluation.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1–(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: