DO 38, s. 2005 – Recognition of the Red Cross Youth as Official Co Curricular Organization in the Schools
July 12, 2005
DO 38, s. 2005
Recognition of the Red Cross Youth as Official Co Curricular Organization in the Schools
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The Red Cross Youth (RCY) is one of the six major services of the Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC). Its mission is to educate and empower the children and youth in the spirit of Red Cross through constructive trainings and effective leadership, and provide opportunities for directing and harnessing their energy and idealism into worthwhile humanitarian activities.
- The major activities of the RCY are the following:
- Advocacy and inculcation of moral values and character building;
- Protection of life and promotion of community health;
- Service and solidarity, which awaken in them the spirit of compassion to help people in dire need;
- National and international friendship, understanding and education for peace; and
- Dissemination of Red Cross Principles and International Humanitarian Law.
- Pursuant thereto, the RCY is hereby recognized as one of the official co-curricular organizations in the schools, provided that RCY activities shall observe the time-on-task policy of the Department.
- Accordingly, all concerned are encouraged to assist and support the establishment of the RCY Chapters in the schools. All elementary pupils and secondary students are encouraged to enlist as members of the Junior Red Cross (JRC) and the Senior Red Cross Youth (SRCY), respectively. Likewise, the school administrator shall designate a teacher to serve as adviser of the Red Cross Youth Council.
- The Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (CSCA), as the office in-charge of co-curricular matters, is tasked to coordinate and facilitate the activities of the Red Cross Youth in the Department of Education.
- For assistance in organizing Red Cross Youth Chapters, please contact Representative Juan Miguel Zubiri, PNRC Governor and Red Cross Youth Committee Chair, with address at the Philippine National Red Cross, Bonifacio Drive, Port Area, Manila 2803 or call telephone numbers (02) 527-8384 to 94 local 130 or 116, telefax number 524-2101 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or visit the nearest Red Cross Office. For coordination, please contact the Center for Students and Co- Curricular Affairs Mr. Joey G. Pelaez, CSCA Executive Director, at telephone numbers (02) 636-3603 or 631-8495.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is directed.
Reference: None Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: