DO 48, s. 2005 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the Subsidy for the Regional Science High Schools for CY 2005
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Regional Science High School Principals
- For CY 2005, each of the seventeen (17) schools designated as Regional Science High Schools (RSHSs) shall be given additional allocation of Two Million Pesos (PhP2,000,000.00) for Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE). The amount shall be transferred to the respective schools in two (2) tranches through the Regional Offices concerned. This amount shall be subject to availability of funds and the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- The utilization of the said amount shall follow these specific guidelines:
15% or PhP300,000.00 Procurement of supplies and materials for Science, Mathematics and English only;
25% or PhP500,000.00 Procurement of instructional materials including textbooks/reference books for Science, Mathematics, English and other subject areas, professional books, CDs in Science, Mathematics and English including Internet subscription;
30% or PhP600,0000.00 For payment of electric and water bills, maintenance and repair of previously owned Science and Mathematics equipment including upgrading of computers and printers;
12.5% or PhP250,000.00 For expenses of all RSHSs teachers, principals or OICs who will be participating in trainings/seminars or professional upgrading to be sponsored by DepED or other agencies;
12.5% or PhP250,000.00 Subsidy for student researches/projects; and
5% or PhP100,000.00 For extra essential services such as security services.
- The initial subsidy of PhP1,000,000.00 per school shall be released through the issuance of Sub-Allotment Release Orders (SAROs) by the DepED-CO. The cash requirement for the purpose shall be issued by the concerned DBM Regional Office pursuant to the provisions of the DBM and DepED Joint Circular No. 2004-1, the Guidelines on the Direct Release of Funds to Regional Offices and Implementing Units.
- A Report on the Status of the Fund Received as of December 31, 2005 and the list of Science and Mathematics supplies and materials procured, shall be submitted to the Regional Office, copy furnished the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) not later than January 15,2006. Please accomplish the attached format. Such report shall be supported by a schedule, duly certified correct by the school head, indicating therein the amount actually spent for each authorized expenditure item. The utilization of any excess amount for purposes other than the authorized expenditure item shall be cleared with the DepED Central Office (Attention: BSE).
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: No. 49, s. 2004
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: