DO 65, s. 2005 – Implementing Guidelines for the 2005 DepED School Building Program (SBP) for Red and Black Schools
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Pursuant to DepED Order No. 19, s. 2005 on the implementation of the Department of Education’s (DepED) School Building Program (SBP) for areas experiencing acute classroom shortage, herewith are specific guidelines to ensure smooth implementation of the projects:
- Procurement to be incurred in the implementation of the SBP shall be in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act No. 9184 or otherwise known as the Government Procurement Reform Act and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR-A).
- The implementation of the SBP shall be undertaken by the NGOs, LGUs or the DepED.
- For projects that will be implemented by the NGOs and the LGUs, the respective DepED Central and Division Offices shall enter into a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the parties that are interested to implement such projects. The draft MOA was enclosed in DepED Order No. 19, s. 2005.
- For projects that will be implemented by the DepED, procurement shall be done at the Division, Regional or Central Office levels following the limits set for each office as stated below. This will also be the manner in which the sub-projects will be clustered or packaged. The Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) of each respective office shall manage the procurement of works for the school building projects. Procurement activities will commence from the time the Invitation to Bid (ITB) is advertised and will end when the Notice to Proceed (NTP) is issued.
d.1. Division Office Level
Single or clustered contracts for projects amounting to Two Million Pesos (PhP 2,000,000.00) and below which are limited to the construction of single to two-storey classroom buildings and/or repair and rehabilitation of existing classrooms which are not subject to structural rehabilitation;
d.2. Regional Office Level
Single or clustered contracts for projects amounting to more than Two Million Pesos (PhP2,000,000.00) but not exceeding Four Million Pesos (PhP4,000,000.00) which are limited to construction of single to two-storey classroom and/or repair and rehabilitation of existing classroom which are not subject to structural rehabilitation;
d.3. Central Office Level
Single or clustered contracts for projects amounting to more than Four Million Pesos (PhP4,000,000.00) whether construction/ repair/rehabilitation of classrooms and all other projects subject to structural rehabilitation.
- While procurement will basically be done at the division or regional office, a team from the Central Office composed of Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED) and Procurement Service (PS) staff be created to serve as an oversight to the divisions/regions which will provide guidelines and assistance on all concerns of the different offices.
- For procurement of projects under the discretionary funds of the Secretary, the bidding shall be conducted at the Regional or Central Office Level following the guidelines set below:
f.1 Regional Office Level
Single or clustered contracts for projects amounting to Four Million Pesos (PhP4,000,000.00) and below, limited to construction of single to two-storey classroom buildings and/or repair and rehabilitation of existing classrooms which are not subject to structural rehabilitation.
f.2 Central Office Level
Single or clustered contracts for projects amounting to more than Four Million Pesos (PhP4,000,000.00) whether construction/ repair/ rehabilitation of classrooms and all other projects subject to structural rehabilitation.
- The DepED Project Engineer (DPE) shall be designated as member of the Technical Working Group (TWG) of the Bids and Awards Committee. For cases wherein the Divisions have no DPE, a PFSED Representative shall otherwise be designated.
- Relatively, the signing authority on financial transactions (i.e., Requisition and Issue Voucher, (RIV), Purchase Order (PO), Disbursement Voucher, Checks and Contracts) of the Schools Division/City Superintendents and Regional Directors shall be at the level of clustering of projects as specified in Item Letter d.
- In an effort to sustain the “Principal-led School Building Program” under the School Based Management (SBM) of the “Schools First Initiative (SFI) Program of the Department, the School Heads shall supervise the construction/rehabilitation projects with the assistance from the DepED Project Engineer (DPE) assigned at each Division and the Physical Facilities Coordinators. Below are the specific activities that the School Heads shall undertake:
- Pre-construction Meeting
- Assessment of Accomplishment for Progress Billing
- Thorough monitoring of the critical activities of construction
- Acceptance of the Project
The School Heads shall encourage the PTCA to actively participate in the monitoring of the school building projects to ensure that the projects are completed in accordance with the standard designs and specifications set.
- With respect to the funding for the projects, the corresponding allotments will be released by the DepED Central Office Budget Division to the respective DepED Implementing Offices thru the issuance of the Sub- Allotment Release Orders (SARO).
- A separate Memorandum will be issued regarding the details of fund releases and payment schemes.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DepED Order: (No. 19, s. 2005)
Allotment: 1— (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS