DO 66, s. 2005 – Organization of Pre-School Classes under the Preschool Service Contracting Program for SY 2005-2006
To: Regional Directors
Chiefs of Elementary Education Division
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Private Preschools/NGOs
- In support of the Department’s objective to reduce dropout and repetition rates particularly in Grades I to III and the Education For All (EFA) recommendation to expand Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) coverage in disadvantaged areas, the Preschool Service Contracting Program (PSCP) will continue its implementation from January to March, 2006.
- The PSCP is an alternative delivery system that provides early childhood experiences to prospective Grade I children by making use of available resources. These are the children in the fifth and sixth class municipalities, urban slums and relocation areas who were not accommodated in the PTCA initiated preschools and in the day care centers.
- Each region/division is encouraged to organize classes under this program. Private preschools and non-government organizations who have the capability to provide Preschool Services may be contracted for this purpose.
- The list of enrollees shall be submitted to the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) through the Curriculum Development Division (CDD) on or before January 15, 2006. Likewise, the contract or Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) entered into with the service providers shall be submitted on the date stated to facilitate issuance of funding allotment.
- Guidelines for the implementation of the Program and the number of classes to be organized are hereby attached for compliance.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order No. 55, s. 2004
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual index under the following subjects: