DO 15, s. 2006 – School Calendar for School Year 2006-2007
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- For School Year (SY) 2006-2007, the following dates and periods shall be observed in all elementary and secondary schools:1.1 The opening of SY 2006-2007 shall be preceded by the National Schools Maintenance Week, scheduled on May 15-20, 2006 to enable the community and the school to prepare the school facilities for the start of classes.
1.2 The elementary and secondary school year shall begin on a Monday, June 5, 2006 and end on a Friday, March 30, 2007. It shall consist of two hundred six (206) class days, inclusive of the 5-day break for INSET and the parent-teacher conference that shall be held on a Saturday immediately following the week after the administration of the quarterly examinations. The number of school days per month is listed in Enclosure No. 1 and the indicative events for the school year are listed in Enclosure No. 2.
1.3 The Christmas break shall begin on Saturday, December 23 and classes shall resume on Wednesday, January 3, 2007.
1.4 The secondary school summer classes shall begin on Monday, April 16, 2007 and end on Saturday, May 26, 2007. It shall consist of a 3- hour daily sessions per subject area from Monday to Saturday for 35 days.
- The dates given in this calendar shall be compulsory for public elementary and secondary schools. The private schools may deviate from this school calendar provided they do not start classes earlier than the 1st Monday of June 2006. However, they need to complete the minimum number of class days and notify the appropriate DepED Office in advance.
- The observance of school celebrations or activities and holidays other than those indicated in the calendar shall be allowed provided that the minimum number of class hours and class days is maintained. Make up classes shall be held to compensate for localized suspensions due to typhoons and other calamities or local celebrations such as town or barangay fiestas, foundation day, anniversaries and holding of academic and non-academic competitions in certain schools or areas.
- At the end of the school year, all division offices shall report the actual number of class days held in every school under their jurisdiction.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: Nos. 10, s. 2005
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
CELEBRATIONS & FESTIVALS