DO 19, s. 2006 – Additional Privileges for Regional/Bureau/Service/Center Directors and Key Officials in the Division Level Amended by
To : Undersecretaries
Directors of Services/Heads of Units/Centers
- In pursuit of promoting the values of professionalism and humanism, the Department of Education hereby authorizes the grant of additional privileges to its key officials in the Central, regional and division levels. These privileges include quarters allowance, reimbursement of actual expenses incurred while reporting to new work station, extraordinary and miscellaneous expenses, paid monthly home visits, and relocation allowance. These shall be granted to bureau/service/center directors, regional directors, assistant regional directors, schools division superintendents and assistant schools division superintendents who are transferred or assigned to a work station as a result of the Department’s policy on reshuffling or rotation and not upon the request of the official concerned.
- The following rules shall apply in the granting of privileges provided in the General Appropriations Act (GAA) and the Government Accounting and Auditing Manual (GAAM):
- 2.1 Quarters Allowance
2.1.1 This allowance is granted in the form of the free use of DepED owned or leased place of lodging. In the absence of adequate space to be used as quarters, the Department shall rent a building or a room which shall serve as quarters for the official concerned.
2.1.2 In the case of the Department renting the building or room, the rate of rental shall be based on the actual cost or the prevailing cost of rental in the area but not to exceed the rates prescribed in existing DBM Circulars, inclusive of the amount for telephone, water and electric bills. Amount in excess of the allowable rate shall be borne by the official concerned.
2.1.3 The rental contract shall be between the Department of Education, represented by the Regional Director in the regional level and Division Superintendent in the division level, and the owner of the dwelling unit. The rental payment shall be paid directly to the latter and not commuted in favor of the official concerned.
2.1.4 The rental cost shall be chargeable against the office’s MOOE and thereafter shall form part of the yearly contracted rental of the office building as mandatory expenses.
- 2.2 Reimbursement of Actual Expenses Incurred While Reporting to New Work
2.2.1 This privilege is granted in the form of reimbursement of actual transportation expenses of the concerned official and that of his/her spouse and children, not exceeding two, incurred in connection with his/her transfer/movement to a new work station.
2.2.2 Reimbursable expenses shall include the actual freight expenses for reasonable and necessary baggage and household effects including motor vehicles.
2.2.3 The reimbursement shall be charged against the MOOE of the office of the new assignment.
- 2.3 . Payment of Extraordinary and Miscellaneous Expenses
2.3.1 As provided in the General Appropriations Act, Extraordinary and Miscellaneous Expenses are allowed as enumerated herein:
Total Amount (Per Year) Per Month Secretary 180,000.00 50,000.00 230,000.00 19,166.00 Undersecretary 65,000.00 50,000.00 115,000.00 9,583.00 Assistant Secretary 35,000.00 50,000.00 85,000.00 7,083.00 Bureau/Regional
30,000.00 50,000.00 80,000.00 6,666.00
2.3.2 Officials who are designated as officer-in-charge of a higher rank shall be entitled to receive the amount for the rank in which they are in an acting capacity.
2.3.3 Payment of Miscellaneous Expenses shall be on reimbursement basis wherein a certification of the official concerned of the expenses incurred will suffice in the absence of official receipts.
- 2.1 Quarters Allowance
- In addition to the above allowances/expenses, the Department also hereby authorizes the grant of the following benefits and privileges:
- 3.1 Monthly Home Visit
3.1.1 This privilege shall be granted in the form of paid family visit to the concerned official who is transferred to a work station that is at least one hundred (100) kilometers away from his/her residence or domicile, or that which requires travel by sea or air.
3.1.2 An official whose work station is more than one hundred (100) kms. from his/her residence or domicile shall be granted two (2) working days paid family visit per month inclusive of travel time. The day allotted for the paid family visit shall be considered as Official Business.
3.1.3 Actual transportation expenses incurred, including per diems during the monthly home visit shall be reimbursed to the concerned official chargeable against the office’s MOOE. If the official uses his/her official staff car, allowable gasoline expenses shall only include those incurred for the actual travel from the work station to the residence/domicile and back.
3.1.4 The days allotted to the monthly home visit shall not be cumulative and shall be forfeited if not availed of within a given month.
- 3.2 Relocation Allowance
3.2.1 The privilege is granted in the form of an allowance for the first thirty (30) days of the concerned official in his/her new assignment. The allowance shall be equivalent to the existing allowable daily rate of per diem, chargeable against the MOOE of the office of the new assignment.
3.2.2 This allowance shall only be granted when the official is re-assigned to a new work station for at least six (6) months, and shall not be applicable to assignments within the National Capital Region (NCR) and new assignments in regions outside of NCR involving a distance of less than one hundred (100) kms., except when the transfer/ movement involves travel by air or sea.
- 3.1 Monthly Home Visit
- Payment or reimbursement of the above benefits, allowances or expenses shall be subject to the availability of funds and to existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- The rates of allowances of the aforementioned privileges and benefits shall be adjusted accordingly based on budget circulars or General Provisions of the General Appropriations Act that may be issued on future dates.
- This Order does not preclude other privileges and benefits that may be granted to the concerned officials upon approval of this Office.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned is desired.DO_s2006_19