DO 24, s. 2006 – Guidelines in the Utilization of the Subsidy for the Regional Science High Schools for CY 2006
Schools Division / City Superintendents
Heads, Regional Science High Schools
- For CY 2006, each of the seventeen (17) schools designated as Regional Science High Schools (RSHSs) shall be given additional allocation of Two Million Pesos (PhP2,000,000.00) for Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE). The amount shall be transferred to the respective schools in two (2) tranches through the Regional Offices concerned, subject to availability of funds and the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- The utilization of the said amount shall follow these specific guidelines:15% or PhP300,000.00
Procurement of supplies and materials for Science, Mathematics and English only;20% or PhP400,000.00
Procurement of instructional materials including textbooks/reference books for Science, Mathematics, English and other subject areas, professional books, CDs in Science, Mathematics and English including Internet subscription;22.5% or PhP450,000.00
For electric and water bills, maintenance and repair of previously owned science and mathematics equipment including upgrading of computers/printers;25% or PhP500,000.00
For expenses for training/professional
12.5% or PhP250,000.00
Subsidy for student researches/projects;
and 5% or PhPl00,000.00
For extra essential services such as security services.
- The initial subsidy of One Million Pesos (PhPl,000,000.00) per school shall be released through the issuance by the DepED-CO of Sub-Allotment Release Orders (Sub-AROs). The cash requirement for the purpose shall be issued by the concerned DBM Regional Office pursuant to the provisions of the DBM and DepED Joint Circular No. 2004-1, the Guidelines on the Direct Release of Funds to Regional Offices and Implementing Units.
- A Report on the Status of the Fund Received as of December 31, 2006 including the list of Science and Mathematics supplies and materials procured by the school shall be submitted to the Regional Office, copy furnished the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) not later than January 15, 2007, using the enclosed format. Such report shall be supported by a schedule, duly certified correct by the school head, indicating therein the amount actually spent for each expenditure item herein authorized. The utilization of any excess amount for purposes other than the expenditure item herein authorized shall be cleared with the DepED Central Office (Attention: Director, Bureau of Secondary Education).
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: No. 48, s. 2005 Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: