DO 30, s. 2006 – First Year Pilot Test of the Refined Secondary Education Curriculum
July 17, 2006
DO 30, s. 2006
First Year Pilot Test of the Refined Secondary Education Curriculum
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The Bureau of Secondary Education, Curriculum Development Division, (BSE-CDD), this Department has refined the Secondary Education Curriculum (SEC) using the Concept-Process Model. This school year 2006-2007, twenty three (23) pilot schools have been identified for the pilot test of the refined SEC. Enclosure No. 1 contains the list of these pilot schools. The implementing guidelines for the principals of the pilot schools are found in Enclosure No. 2.
- To observe the process of the culminating performance and to provide instructional support, two kinds of monitoring will be undertaken: the quarterly meetings and the curriculum process observation.
- The principals as curriculum managers of the pilot schools will hold the quarterly progress meeting to discuss pressing issues and to solve problems that may surface during the implementation. The dates of these quarterly meetings and the agreed venues are found below:
Quarter Dates Venue Host Region 1 August
15-17, Quezon National High School Lucena City Region IV-A 2 October
24-26, Daniel Aguinaldo N ational High School, Davao City Region X 3 January
23-25, Cebu National Science High School, Cebu City Region VII 4 March
20-22, Makati High School, Makati City NCR
- Curriculum specialists will conduct the curriculum process observation which will be scheduled a week before the quarterly examinations.
- Expenses to be incurred by the BSE specialists relative to the Project monitoring and evaluation are hereby authorized and shall be charged against BSE funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. Expenses relative to the principals’ attendance to the quarterly meetings shall be charged against local funds.
- Wide dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: